innerhalb 2-3 Tagen lieferbar
· Covers topics not usually considered, such as queenless middlegames and manoeuvring
· Dissects strategic issues including piece activity, pawn-structure and bishop vs knight
· Looks at psychological aspects of chess, such as choosing lines which are most uncomfortable for the opponent
· Discusses how to handle inferior positions
· Explanations focus on general ideas rather than detailed analysis
· Features more than 100 of the most instructive examples from Lasker’s career
· Concludes with a selection of exercises, with full commentary and explanation
Emanuel Lasker from Germany – chess player, mathematician and philosopher – held the world title for 27 years, longer than any other champion. His victories against many of the all-time greats were based on an ahead-of-his-time understanding and had a subtle but profound influence on modern chess thinking.
Dr John Nunn is one of the best-respected figures in world chess. He was among the world’s leading grandmasters for nearly twenty years, winning four gold medals in chess Olympiads. He is a much-acclaimed writer, whose works have won ‘Book of the Year’ awards in several countries. In 2004, 2007 and 2010, Nunn was crowned World Chess Solving Champion, ahead of many former champions.
319 Seiten, englisch, kartoniert, 1. Auflage 2014.