New in this issue: Grandmaster Dorian Rogozenco presents opening trends in world-class chess. In 3 videos he explains trends after 1.d4, 1.e4 and 1.c4/1.Sf3 on the basis of selected key variations and games, e.g. from the 2021 Candidates Tournament and also from the World Championship Carlsen vs. Nepomniachtchi (24 November - 10 December 2021).
In addition, the menu structure has been significantly improved. Above all, all 1,300 opening articles in the new edition have been given a unique designation. Each article is now specified not only by the opening name, but also by the opening moves which indicate the treated variation. A big plus for a faster search and for a better overview within the large offer!
Under the main categories "Open Openings", "Semi-open Openings", "Closed Openings", "Semi-closed Openings" as well as "Flank Openings" you will find all articles classified by the related opening name. You can call up any of them with a mouse click. And you can also switch from one article to the next just as easily. Like that you can find your favourite opening easily and quickly!
In addition, the Opening Encyclopaedia 2022 contains a collection of 60 selected videos, updated compared to last year, presenting opening ideas by well-known ChessBase authors such as Daniel King, Dorian Rogozenco, Rustam Kasimdzhanov, Markus Ragger, Mihail Marin, Erwin l'Ami and many more. Over 22 hours of the best chess entertainment!
The opening tutorials offer a general introduction to all known opening systems and, in addition, with the help of links, specific further and more in-depth opening articles from the encyclopaedia. Have you already found the right opening for you? Let yourself be inspired and see which opening suits you best!
Opening overviews for deep grandmasterly insights compiled by GM Lubomir Ftacnik, here you will find 388 new opening overviews in Lexikon 2022.
All novelties at a glance:
- Over 1,300 opening articles with professional analyses.
- Grandmaster Dorian Rogozenco presents opening trends in world-class chess.
- 60 selected opening videos (in English). Total running time: 22 hours
- Opening tutorials introducing all known chess openings for beginners to get to know the different openings - with links to the more detailed opening articles
- 7,347 opening overviews, 388 of them newly created by GM Lubomir Ftacnik
- Intuitive menu structure, sorting openings by name, convenient access
- PC with 2 GB RAM
- Windows 8.1, 10 or 11
- DVD-ROM drive
- ChessBase 16, 15, 14 or Fritz 17, 16, 15